MERLIN PERTON JACKET - BLACK
The Merlin Perton is constructed from Cotec. If you've never heard of this fabric, that's because it's brand new. Developed by famous Scottish mill Halley Stevensons, Cotec is a modern interpretation of traditional waxed cotton, with better breathability, easier maintenance and, most importantly, vastly superior abrasion resistance. The fabric is also a lot lighter than comparable traditional waxed cotton, which means the garment is a lot more comfortable to wear.
Merlin have clearly upped the ante when it comes to abrasion resistance, but they have also upgraded the impact protection in their latest collection. The Perton jacket comes equipped with D3O's LP1 armour, which is even more flexible than the original, and a whole lot more breathable thanks to its ventilated geometry. You'll find this CE Level 1 approved armour in the shoulders and elbows, and there is a pocket for an optional back protector. This combination of a strong outer shell and excellent impact protection gives the jacket a CE Level AA rating.
The Perton is a versatile short cut jacket that will keep you riding, whatever the weather throws at you. Two zipped chest vents and their equivalent back vents allow for decent airflow in summer, while a removable Outlast thermal lining will keep you warm in winter. A Reissa Active waterproof and breathable membrane sits just underneath the Cotec outer layer and will keep you dry in a downpour.
Merlin nailed the styling of this jacket: the Perton has classic diamond stitch panels on the shoulders and two distinctive chest pockets with brass, Merlin-branded snap buttons. The fit is spot on for anyone looking for a vintage looking jacket with modern protective features. Check our video review to find out more and be sure to have a look at our size guide to find your ideal size.
- Black short cut riding jacket
- Cotec highly abrasion resistant 8oz fabric
- Waterproof, breathable Reissa Active membrane
- Full body removable Outlast temperature regulating liner
- D3O CE Level 1 shoulder and elbow armour included
- Pocket for optional D3O back protector
- Merlin branded antique finish hardware used throughout
- YKK zips throughout
- Waterproof, wind-stopping flap covering sturdy main zip
- Variety of outer and inner pockets
- Bicep, waist, collar and cuff adjustment
- Trouser connection zip
- Cross quilted shoulder details
- Soft, padded collar with leather piping
- Dropped back and pre-curved sleeves
- Waterproofing: 10000mm
- Breathability: 15000g/m²/24h
- CE Level AA approved garment
|Armour Included||Elbow, Shoulder|
|Removable Thermal Lining||Yes (full)|
|Armour Pockets||Elbow, Shoulder, Back|
|Certification||CE Level AA|
|Season||Mid-Season, Cold Weather|
|Fits Chest (in)