MERLIN PERTON JACKET - BLACK
We price match!
The Merlin Perton is constructed from Cotec. If you've never heard of this fabric, that's because it's brand new. Developed by famous Scottish mill Halley Stevensons, Cotec is a modern interpretation of traditional waxed cotton, with better breathability, easier maintenance and, most importantly, vastly superior abrasion resistance. The fabric is also a lot lighter than comparable traditional waxed cotton, which means the garment is a lot more comfortable to wear.
Merlin have clearly upped the ante when it comes to abrasion resistance, but they have also upgraded the impact protection in their latest collection. The Perton jacket comes equipped with D3O's LP1 armour, which is even more flexible than the original, and a whole lot more breathable thanks to its ventilated geometry. You'll find this CE Level 1 approved armour in the shoulders and elbows, and there is a pocket for an optional back protector. This combination of a strong outer shell and excellent impact protection gives the jacket a CE Level AA rating.
The Perton is a versatile short cut jacket that will keep you riding, whatever the weather throws at you. Two zipped chest vents and their equivalent back vents allow for decent airflow in summer, while a removable Outlast thermal lining will keep you warm in winter. A Reissa Active waterproof and breathable membrane sits just underneath the Cotec outer layer and will keep you dry in a downpour.
Merlin nailed the styling of this jacket: the Perton has classic diamond stitch panels on the shoulders and two distinctive chest pockets with brass, Merlin-branded snap buttons. The fit is spot on for anyone looking for a vintage looking jacket with modern protective features. Check our video review to find out more and be sure to have a look at our size guide to find your ideal size.
- Black short cut riding jacket
- Cotec highly abrasion resistant 8oz fabric
- Waterproof, breathable Reissa Active membrane
- Full body removable Outlast temperature regulating liner
- D3O CE Level 1 shoulder and elbow armour included
- Pocket for optional D3O back protector
- Merlin branded antique finish hardware used throughout
- YKK zips throughout
- Waterproof, wind-stopping flap covering sturdy main zip
- Variety of outer and inner pockets
- Bicep, waist, collar and cuff adjustment
- Trouser connection zip
- Cross quilted shoulder details
- Soft, padded collar with leather piping
- Dropped back and pre-curved sleeves
- Waterproofing: 10000mm
- Breathability: 15000g/m²/24h
- CE Level AA approved garment
Size & Fit
Delivery & Returns
Stock availability information can be found just under size selection, or just under the 'Add to basket' button.Orders placed before 12pm GMT (Monday to Friday) are processed the same day and shipped subject to the stock availability indicated on the product page.Please refer to the Basket page when in doubt about shipping costs.
England, Wales, Mainland Scotland (exc. Highlands)
We ship via DPD Local and Royal Mail Tracked.
All orders over £50 qualify for a FREE shipping option.
All orders over £50 benefit from FREE returns via Collect+
Off Shore (N. Ireland, R. Ireland, Highlands, etc)
48 hour DHL Tracked from £14.99
Magazines / Calendars Royal Mail International £4.65
1 - 5 days DHL Tracked £10 flat rate
USA & Canada
Magazines/Calendar Royal Mail International £4.00
Small Items 2 - 3 days Fed Ex £9.99
Clothing Parcel 2 - 3 days Fed Ex £14.99
Helmet Parcel 2 - 3 days Fed Ex £24.99
Rest of the World
Magazines / Calendars £6.80 - £7.20
Rates for other items are calculated on the basket page based on weight. We ship via Royal Mail International and DHL Express Worldwide
We offer a UK Price Beat and an EU Price Match Guarantee. Seen a product cheaper by more than £1 elsewhere on a UK website? We'll beat that price by 10% giving you the guaranteed lowest price possible. We also match the price of EU sellers. Please note the 10% price beat does not apply to sale items. Terms and Conditions apply
- Fill out and submit our Price Match Request form
- Once the price promise has been reviewed and accepted you will receive a confirmation email.
- You will then be able to place the order through the website or over the phone and get the difference refunded.