Hands down our favourite thing here at Urban Rider is getting hold of gear that truly looks vintage in it’s styling cues, but in actual fact features some pretty impressive tech behind it. The Merlin Minworth Heated Gloves are the perfect example of this - at first glance, a gorgeous, retro pair of leather riding gloves with classic rolled leather panelling details. Under the surface, however, lies powerful heating elements that will keep your mitts toasty in the coldest of weather. We all know by now that the only real way to beat the cold is with a good pair of heated gloves.
The subtly branded, unassuming controller and LED indicator is featured on the wrist of the glove, and enables you to engage 3 levels of heat depending on the elements you are facing. The Minworth gloves come with two rechargeable batteries that slot into internal cuff pockets without a trace, and remain inconspicuous all ride long. On the mid-level setting, the gloves will last for 4 hours - plenty for a chilly daily commute, plus a little extra.
All of this heating tech wouldn’t mean much without the other features to back it up - luckily, trusty Merlin have delivered here too. The Hipora waterproof and breathable membrane will keep your hands dry in the most miserable of conditions, and a dual-thickness Thinsulate C thermal liner helps you retain all of that lovely warmth generated by the heating elements. The premium cowhide leather construction plus slimline D3O knuckle protection make up a supremely protective glove that you can trust if it all goes sideways, and touchscreen compatible finger and thumb tips let you operate your phone or navigation at the drop of a hat.
We trust Merlin to create truly vintage-inspired, incredibly well-crafted products that are gorgeous to look at, and as the temperature drops, you’d be foolish not to consider adding these to your winter arsenal.
- Retro-style heated leather riding gloves
- Cowhide leather construction
- Heated glove with on/off cuff controller and 3 temperature LED indicators
- Supplied with two comfort-fit rechargeable 22000mah batteries designed to slot into internal cuff pockets
- 4 hours normal mid-level usage
- Dual USB charger included
- Touchscreen compatible finger and thumb tips
- Heritage styling
- Hipora waterproof and breathable membrane
- Thinsulate C thermal liner (200G on the back of the hand and 100G on the palm)
- Microfleece lining
- Velcro cuff and wrist adjustment straps
- D3O knuckle protector
- CE Approved