The pioneers of the flip-front helmet are back with a new addition to their iconic C-range, and it’s the most advanced yet. Renowned for crafting some of the most protective, comfortable, quiet and all round practical helmets on this planet, Schuberth have pushed the envelope once again with the all-new C5. Adhering to the new far more stringent ECE-R 22.06 certification, the C5 is also the first Schuberth helmet with P/J Homologation - in short, it is certified as both a full-face and open-face, meaning you can ride with the chin bar raised and enjoy all of the benefits of an open-faced helmet without a worry.
As you would expect, this is one feature-packed lid. The new DFP Glass Fiber shell is reinforced with Carbon Fiber, and is lighter and more protective than ever before. Combined with the Anti Roll Off System that ensures the helmet remains in place in the event of an accident, the C5 takes rider safety incredibly seriously.
Another huge focus for Schuberth in the 20,000+ engineering hours that went into the C5 was the aeroacoustic performance. Using their in-house wind tunnel, Schuberth spent hours optimizing the shell design, and the C5 achieved a stunning, class-leading result of 85Dba at 100km/h on a naked bike - for reference, that’s about the same as the sound of city traffic from inside a car. The C5 also features an overhauled ventilation system, with an easy-to-operate double chin air intake, and a washable and exchangeable filter so you’re breathing clean air while you ride.
The C5 also sees the introduction of the Schuberth “Individual Concept” - a solution to the widely varying head shapes that we all have. The liner is essentially fully customisable for the perfect fit no matter your head shape, with different thicknesses of padding available all round. The visor is pre-fitted with Pinlock, and the drop down sun-shade features two positions.
Another feature that sets the C5 apart from the rest is the pre-installed speaker system and cabling, ready to accept the SC2 Communications kit in the simplest way possible. No more faffing with removing the interior and mounting, then remounting speakers, and all the discomfort that comes with it - simply plug and play, and you’ll be using one of the most advanced bluetooth systems available.
There has been a whole lot of innovation since Schuberth introduced us to the flip-up helmet in 1998 - the original Concept helmet. Schuberth have always been at the forefront of this, and the C5 is evidence that they are the authority on practical helmets, designed for commuters, tourers, sports-bike riders, or just anyone that values comfortable, quiet, protective, versatile, and lightweight helmets - let’s be honest, that should be all of us.
- Matt black
- Flip-front modular helmet
- P/J Homologation
- Schuberth's lightweight patented DFP (Direct Fiber Processing)
- Glass fiber shell
- Wind-tunnel developed aerodynamics and aeroacoustics
- A.R.O.S (Anti Roll Off System) ensuring the helmet remains in place in an accident
- Seamless lining made from Italian sourced high-quality Oeko-Tex 100 certified fabrics
- Integrated drop-down sun visor with two positions
- High air ventilation thanks to a multi-channel ventilation system with insect protection
- Winter and summer head pad
- Cheek pads made to accept glasses
- Pre-fitted speaker, cable harness and radio antenna for Schuberth Communication System (Not included but available to purchase separately)
- Pre-fitted Pinlock 120 anti-fog lens
- Brushed metal plate on the helmet trim
- Custom-fit option. Various sizes of cheek pads and heads to achieve the perfect fit.
- City position mechanism for a large field of view
- Updated chin-lock mechanism made from glass fiber reinforced plastic to keep it lightweight and improve the feel
- New EPS material for impressive shock absorption and increased head cavity - 2 densities for the main part and the sides
- Velcro cheek pads for easy lining maintenance
- Quick-release strap
- 5-year warranty
- ECE-R 22.06 certified