MONIMOTO SMART MOTORCYCLE ALARM
We price match!
Motorcycle theft is on the rise. In London for example, nearly 20,000 motorcycles are stolen every year. Sadly, this trend is not just a local phenomenon and theft figures seem to be increasing globally. If, like us, you'd be absolutely heartbroken to see your pride and joy taken from you, the clever clogs at Monimoto have come up with a nifty device that'll provide you with a little more peace of mind.
Monimoto is a smart, silent alarm that notifies you through calling and texting your smartphone if your vehicle moves without the Monimoto Key being near the bike. It then tracks your vehicle's location and sends this through to you at regular intervals.
The device is extremely simple to set up, install and use. The Monimoto app (available for iPhone and Android) guides you through the short set-up process and links the Monimoto Key to the actual device. You're then ready to install the alarm on your motorcycle (or other vehicle) which couldn't be easier since there's no wiring involved. Just find a hidden spot on your bike and cable tie the unit in place.
This method of installation has many perks over other motorcycle alarm systems: First of all, it's dead simple. No need to tap into your bike's wiring loom or connect anything to the battery, the unit is self-powered with two included batteries that should last over a year on a full charge. Secondly, since the device is self-powered, it won't shut off when the thieves disconnect the bike's battery and will keep transmitting its location to your phone.
When Monimoto detects movement, it searches for its key fob. If a paired key isn't found within a 10 meter radius, the alarm is triggered and an alarm call will be prompted. If a key is found (because it's in your jacket and you want to ride your bike) Monimoto remains in sleep mode and will do nothing.
We tested this device extensively at Urban Rider and are very impressed. The Monimoto notifies you as soon as someone even slightly nudges your bike (set to sensitive, there's three sensitivity setting in the app) and won't give up until you get the message. It will call you twice and then text you after which you start getting sent through the bikes location periodically using GPS and cellular technology. I let one of my colleagues "steal" one of my bikes and was amazed by how precise the location notifications were. The device managed to pinpoint the location of my bike to within a few feet.
Monimoto communicates to your phone using a SIM-card. It comes with one pre-installed with an activated GSM roaming services plan. You get 2 months of free GSM roaming in all EU countries, after which you'll pay 3 EUR/month for your roaming subscription. This transaction is made via the Monimoto app and compared to similar devices and services Monimoto offers one of the cheapest subscriptions.
Combine this alarm with a decent lock and you'll be able to sleep soundly knowing the Monimoto is standing guard.
- Silent alarm and tracker system
- Calls you and sends location when unauthorised movement of your vehicle is detected
- Goes in "Safe" mode when Monimoto key fob is detected near the bike
- Self-powered: up to two years expected battery life
- No need to wire it on to the bike
- IP65 water and dust resistant
- Swiss made GPS and Cellular tracking modules
- Dimensions: 126x35mm (4.96×1.38in)
- Compatible with iPhone and Android (6.0.1 and newer)
What's in the box?
- Monimoto tracking device
- 2 x CR123A batteries for main unit
- 1 x CR2032 battery for the key
- Micro-SIM international SIM card
What does the Monimoto App do?
- Helps you set up your device
- Checks key fob and main unit battery level and alerts when low
- Adjusts your motion senser sensitivity
- Event log including location alerts
How does the subscription work?
- First two months of GSM Roaming service in EU countries free of charge
- Only 3 EUR/month afterwards
- Pay through Monimoto app
- You're free to use any SIM card of choice, should you prefer
Where can I use Monimoto?
- We sell the European version of Monimoto
- Supported countries: Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Georgia, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Laos, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, New Zealand, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom
- This version does not work in the US
Delivery & ReturnsOrders placed before 12pm GMT (Monday to Friday) are processed the same day and shipped subject to the stock availability indicated on the product page.Please refer to the Basket page when in doubt about shipping costs.
England, Wales, Mainland Scotland (exc. Highlands)
We ship via DPD Local and Royal Mail Tracked.
All orders over £50 qualify for a FREE shipping option.
All orders over £50 benefit from FREE returns via Collect+
Off Shore (N. Ireland, R. Ireland, Highlands, etc)
48 hour DHL Tracked from £14.99
Magazines / Calendars Royal Mail International £4.65
1 - 5 days DHL Tracked £10 flat rate
USA & Canada
Magazines/Calendar Royal Mail International £4.00
Small Items 2 - 3 days Fed Ex £9.99
Clothing Parcel 2 - 3 days Fed Ex £14.99
Helmet Parcel 2 - 3 days Fed Ex £24.99
Rest of the World
Magazines / Calendars £6.80 - £7.20
Rates for other items are calculated on the basket page based on weight. We ship via Royal Mail International and DHL Express Worldwide
We offer a UK Price Beat and an EU Price Match Guarantee. Seen a product cheaper by more than £1 elsewhere on a UK website? We'll beat that price by 10% giving you the guaranteed lowest price possible. We also match the price of EU sellers. Please note the 10% price beat does not apply to sale items. Terms and Conditions apply
- Fill out and submit our Price Match Request form
- Once the price promise has been reviewed and accepted you will receive a confirmation email.
- You will then be able to place the order through the website or over the phone and get the difference refunded.