MERLIN KURKBURY JACKET - BLACK
The Merlin Kurkbury is the most classically styled jacket in the latest Merlin Heritage range. It is constructed from Cotec, a brand new fabric developed by famous Scottish mill Halley Stevensons. Cotec is a modern interpretation of traditional waxed cotton, with better breathability, easier maintenance and, most importantly, vastly superior abrasion resistance. The fabric is also a lot lighter than comparable traditional waxed cotton, which means the garment is a lot more comfortable to wear.
Not only have Merlin raised the bar when it comes to abrasion resistance, they have also upgraded the impact protection in their latest collection. The Edale jacket comes equipped with D3O's LP1 armour, which is even more flexible than the original, and a whole lot more breathable thanks to its ventilated geometry. You'll find this CE Level 1 approved armour in the shoulders and elbows, and there is a pocket for an optional back protector. This combination of a strong outer shell and excellent impact protection gives the jacket a CE Level AA rating.
The Kurkbury is a belted, three quarter length jacket. It's vintage design harks back to the good old days and looks ace. Its specifications however, are a bit less nostalgic in nature and cater tot he needs of the modern motorcyclist. A removable Outlast thermal lining will keep you warm in winter and can be removed on warmer days. A Reissa Active waterproof and breathable membrane sits just underneath the Cotec outer layer and assures you stay dry in a downpour.
The four flap pocket design is functional and timeless. We're particularly fond of the large pocket on the lower back of the jacket, an excellent place to stash your gloves when getting off the bike. The Kurkbury has so much storage space it greatly reduces the need to take a backpack with you! The fit is spot on for anyone looking for a vintage looking jacket with modern protective features. Have a look at our size guide to find your ideal size.
- Black three quarter length belted riding jacket
- Cotec highly abrasion resistant 8oz fabric
- Waterproof, breathable Reissa Active membrane
- Full body removable Outlast temperature regulating liner
- D3O CE Level 1 shoulder and elbow armour included
- Pocket for optional D3O back protector
- Merlin branded antique finish hardware used throughout
- YKK zips throughout
- Waterproof, wind-stopping flap covering sturdy main zip
- Variety of outer and inner pockets
- Large 'poacher' pocket on the lower back
- Bicep, waist, collar and cuff adjustment
- Removable belt
- Trouser connection zip
- Soft, padded collar with leather piping
- Dropped back and pre-curved sleeves
- Waterproofing: 10000mm
- Breathability: 15000g/m²/24h
- CE Level AA approved garment
|Armour Included||Elbow, Shoulder|
|Removable Thermal Lining||Yes (full)|
|Armour Pockets||Elbow, Shoulder, Back|
|Certification||CE Level AA|
|Season||Warm Weather, Mid-Season, Cold Weather|
|Fits Chest (in)