The forefathers of the armoured baselayer are back and the product is better than ever. Bowtex produced the original Kevlar® leggings and riding shirts way back in the day, and they quickly revolutionized the way we saw protective motorcycle gear, becoming one of the most popular products we have offered to date. No longer do you have to spend hours sifting through and trying on different leather and textile jackets for fit and function - you can throw your favourite shirt, jacket, or sweater over this base layer, and sacrifice neither style nor protection. Alternatively, on the hottest of days, the Standard R shirt is designed to be worn by itself for maximum breathability and comfort.
Designed for longer road trips and high-speed commutes, the Standard R shirt is an extremely protective product - lighter and more flexible than its competitors that offer the same levels of protection. Crafted from two separate layers, with key areas covered by 100% Dupont™ Kevlar® for ultimate abrasion resistance, and the rest of the garment made from a hard-wearing stretch polyamide, with reinforced chain stitching throughout, the leggings will upgrade whatever you’re wearing to a CE Level AA approved bit of kit instantly. They come with removable SAS-TEC® TRIPLEFLEX level 2 armour at the shoulders and elbows that is as slim as your standard Level 1 pads. Optional back and chest protection is available separately.
The Standard R also boasts unique X-panel construction that creates airflow for extra breathability on those hot summer rides, and the 3D articulated fit with elastic at the cuff creates a comfortable and ergonomic fit for hours on two wheels.
The only way to retain your perfect style, this inconspicuous and versatile armoured shirt gives you true freedom to express yourself, and all the peace of mind of a high-level technical protective riding jacket or shirt with none of the bulk, and a whole lot more flexibility.
- Armoured motorcycle shirt
- Ideal to wear under your favourite jacket, shirt, or sweater
- Can be worn by itself as an outer layer on the hottest of days
- Main Layer: 100% Dupont™ Kevlar®
- Second Layer: 87% High-Density-Polyamide 13% Elastane
- Reinforced chain stitching throughout
- X-panel construction that promotes airflow and breathability
- Removable SAS-TEC® TRIPLEFLEX Level 2 shoulder + elbow armour
- Optional chest and back armour
- All components and final products are 100% made in Europe
- CE level AA EN 17092-4:2020