Warning: Please be aware of fake/unauthorised websites selling Belstaff garments. A full list of these illegal sites can be found here www.belstaff.com. We are the main London retailer for the Belstaff Pure Motorcycle collection, shop with confidence.
'What is the difference between this and the Tourist Trophy?' you might be saying.
Well, the shapes might by similar but the properties differ greatly. The Tourist Trophy comes in wax and cordura versions, whereas the XL 500 is Nylon Belflex, Belstaff's own fabric. Belstaff pitch it as 'the waterproof alternative to leathers'. Whilst we wouldn't claim it to have the abrasion resistance of leather, Belflex is a tightly woven Nylon that has excellent tear resistance properties, is 100% waterproof and extremely light. This makes it great for riding in autumn, spring and summer. The wax TT has a 'classic' feel to it, the cordura TT is for 'hardcore' riding. The XL 500 is light, comfortable and an instant hit with customers so far.
The key technical things to know are:
- Belflex Nylon outer shell replicating the feel and look of the original 1970s jacket but with exellent tear resistance
- 100% waterproof. (Polychloroprene if you really want to know!)
- Removable cotton inner lining making it suitable for cold weather.
- Removable CE approved armour in the shoulders and elbows.
- Pocket to insert back protector.
- Vents on the inside of the arms closed by zips to aid ventilation
- Reversible reflective belt. Be seen at night.
- Stormflap under outer zip to aid waterproofing.
- Taped seams (another barrier to water leakage).
- Four large waterproof patch pockets.